Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

May's been a washout!

So I had intended on jumping right back into consuming just raw/lightly-processed foods ... but that somehow didn't take... I think a huge part of how I was able to stick with it last time was the hubby's turned around hours... yes I felt good, but now that seems like a distant memory, not a tangible benefit anymore. His next round of vampire hours takes place in July & August, so I'll plan on getting two months in (as opposed to 3 weeks last time), and hope that I'll have enough momentum and habit-making in two months to continue into 'normal' hours.

I have been working out again... did a round of racquetball last weekend and the ankle held up well. Also went for some Zumba, Yoga/Pilates, Yoga and Weights on Ball. The latter had me pleasantly aching all over for quite a few days - high time I get back into some weight-bearing exercises!!

Had one Nia session before classes are suspended for summer (and perhaps beyond??!), but the instructor gave us a DVD of the Opal workout ~and~ a book on the Nia Technique "... so you can still work on Nia over the summer!": so nice of her! Watching the DVD and getting about a quarter-way through the book, I can say that I haven't tapped into the 'joy of movement' they tout... but I wanna get there... perhaps a Nia road trip would be beneficial? We'll see....

The ankle's been doing okay... I notice that it 'pops' a lot nowadays though. There's a slight pain when it happens, like popping your knuckles: except that the latter I do on purpose, the former I'd rather not have happen at all!

I'm psyching myself up for resolutions in June... haven't identified the one or two particular things I'd want to work on; you know, in addition to the 'regular' [haha] fiber intake & exercise, and the so far failed daily meditations!

Have a great weekend, and see you on the flipside!

No comments: