Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some early smoothies

It's not like I was taking notes, so these combinations are picked from an unreliable memory :) but here's an attempt at recording some of my smoothie combos.

Saturday morning:
apple, banana, mango, radish, celery, carrots: a decent first try

Saturday afternoon:
apple, baby spinach, mango, carrots, soy milk: very 'light' without the banana

Sunday morning:
apple, banana, blueberries, baby spinach

Monday morning:
banana, tomato, radish, apple and a whole bunch of baby spinach

Tuesday morning:
banana, blueberries, radishes, spinach, tomato, ginger: color not so much green as blue, not as appealing: too many blueberries? Also, a little ginger goes a long way, I could have done with perhaps half of what I'd used; that plus two (small) radishes, and this smoothie had a bit of a kick!

As I mentioned before, I'm making it a point to have a (green) smoothie for breakfast/first thing in the morning: so far so good. Not going to clamp down on the other meals of the day yet. I also want to get to the gym daily again, whether for the 5:45am classes, or something else if I can't wake up: a bit of a challenge, but getting there again.

I'll try to remember to weigh myself at the Y today.

No comments: