Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

August Resolutions

Well, as you might have guessed from the dearth of posts that almost all aspects of my health efforts have gotten sidetracked. I have been hitting the gym frequently, mostly for Zumba classes, and the once-a-week Nia treat. However, I have also been doing a LOT of ice-cream and potato chip binging. Not good, for my physical, mental and subtle systems!

But August is a brand new month, and I once again reset my resolutions.

I currently hit the YMCA / dance studio on the following days for the following activities:
    Monday: mid-morning 45mins Zumba followed by 1hr of Weights On Ball
    Tuesday: mid-morning 45mins Zumba Gold followed by 15mins Zumba Sculpt
    Wednesday: early morning 45mins Zumba
    Thursday: mid-morning 45mins Zumba Gold followed by 15mins Zumba Sculpt
    Friday: [keep intending to restart the Step class, but keep not going][This used to be my Nia day, but that's moved to Sunday until further notice]
    Saturday: [not consistently, have caught mid-morning 1hr Zumba Gold plus 30mins Zumba Sculpt]
    Sunday: 1hr Nia


#1: Ramp it up
Do cardio every day at the Y / dance studio / home [i.e. fully implement the above schedule], and follow-up with weights for upper-body toning [already doing 2-3x/week, want to do every day]. In addition, I will continue to bike to/from the Y unless the weather is bad, or I'm running way too late.


#2: Green smoothies for breakfast and lunch
I've been pretty successful in fixing myself one once I wake up (and when I'm late/don't feel like it, I grab an apple which is still much better than past behaviour!), but now I'd like to down another pretty much once I'm back from working out. This should help up my nutrition intake, and reduce the chances of stopping by Grab-A-Java for a vanilla latte after Nia!!

#3: 1.5L water intake
I've not been monitoring my water intake, but I know it's terribly erratic. You know how if you feel thirsty it means you're already dehydrated? Yeah, I know that thirst well. I'll be looking for a simple water filter jug to help with this, because sometimes the tap water tastes weird :p

Okay that's it for August. Notice I am silent about any specific quantity of weight loss goals, about Coke Zero consumption. If August goes well, then I can tighten things up next month. Right now, let's just focus on those above three things, k?

3 comments:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

When I did Bikram yoga, for water intake, they recommended to take your weight and divide by two. That's the number, in ounces, that you should be drinking every day.

I carry around a 32 oz bottle of water and drink two of those a day.

*lynne* said...

Jeanette: yup I've seen that recommendation, although I've also seen it qualified as the amount of total liquid (i.e. if you drink tea, or eat watermelon, that adds to that total)... I did the calc and figured I need about 2L liquid, so if I target 1.5L H20, the rest should be fulfilled by other food/drink. ...

Of course, a good way to check if one is getting enough water is to keep an eye on one's pee: if it comes out colorless/slightly yellow then all is well. That mine had been reeking of coffee was a sign I wasn't drinking enough, LoL!

Anonymous said...

ewwww.... asparagus-flavored coffee