Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monday: getting back on track

One reason I was totally derailed food-wise was I wasn't keeping proper tabs on my consumption... just the effort of keeping track of food intake goes a long way in getting one to think twice about what they are going to mindlessly shove down their gullet, methinks.

So here it is again, more for me than for you... my daily food/activity diary.

Monday August 2nd 2010

Morning smoothie(s): collard greens smell really funky... but taste fine when blended with banana apple and grape tomatoes! I made it thick, so had a mugful before, and after, workout.

"Lunch": throughout the early afternoon, grazed on THREE Great Value (i.e. from WalMart) High Fiber Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars (140 cals each) and finished the jazzed-up mac&cheese from last night (lots of added red & green peppers, some red onion and lots of sharp cheddar cheese).

Dinner: ok I was bad (because I'd been doubly good exercise-wise, see below)... got myself chili cheese fries and a patty melt... and two cans of Coke Zero... but gulped down another 20 fl oz of water!

Workout(s) & other activities:
Morning: Biked to/from the Y. Did 45mins Zumba (no Weights On Ball today, sob sob!). Consumed almost 600mL water (20 fl oz) during workout.

Evening: drove to/from the Y. Did 15mins Strictly Abs followed by 1hr of Zumba. Also consumed 20 fl oz water.

Night: up and down a flight of stairs a few times for laundry

= = =

So... food intake still all over the place: definitely need to work on that. Decent water intake, would have been better with only one or no soda tho. The double exercise was nice, even though it helped justify the bad dinner! Not sure why I decided to hit the Y twice in one day, both for Zumba. I don't even *like* Zumba that much! But hey, seeing the mindless repetition of unpleasant kicks (or what passes as kicks) prior to the abs class just further cemented my stand of not wanting to force myself into unappealing repetitive exercises. Better daily Zumba where I can work on letting loose and wagging my tail!!

It's 1:20am ... time for zzZZzzzZzz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wag that tail!