Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday: double smoothie!

... and double potato chips! :p

Woke at 5:15am but was still late to the early morning step class (no thanks to the cat ... grrrr!!), but hey at least I made it! I've been threatening to go for weeks now, but every Friday morning has seen me turning the alarm off and dropping back off to sleep.

So, this time I drove.

Class was by a substitute (P, who usually does Zumba). While she stumbled (not literally) a bit through the routine, it was good enough for me: I sweated, my heart rate was up, good enough! And at least I didn't feel the pressure to keep up the way I knew I would with the normal instructor.

Also, I felt quite -- distanced? -- from the actions and didn't really enjoy the session: I had kinda expected that, though, because what's important to me nowadays is first and foremost enjoying myself, and not scrambling to keep up with some moves while making sure I don't trip myself up! I want to smile and move, not frown and flail! As such, I may need to find myself something else to do on Fridays (can't wait for the Friday Nia class to come back!)

Despite all the sweating, I didn't drink much water during or immediately after the workout. Bad bad lynne! :p Kind made up for that by downing over 2L of water the rest of the day!


Food:
~8am: banana + apple + handful of baby arugula smoothie (very yummy!)
~9:30am: a large skinny vanilla latte, and one plain chocolate Hershey's nugget
~12:30n another banana + apple + handful of baby arugula smoothie
then it went downhill.... there was the polishing off of half a bag of potato chips... and almost a whole other bag later in the night... in between there was an attempt to stem the tide with watermelon, and an egg... but the chips still won. Ugh. Just have to not have 'em in the apartment. Just like ice cream.

Overall, though, it was a relatively good day: I *really* like that I downed so much water (those salty chips had something to do with it, I suppose :p)

... we'll see how well I stick to the smoothies over the weekend: weekends are always a challenge! :p

No comments: