Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

April 1st: an "egg salad", and three fruits

My Resolutions for April are two-fold: weekday daily exercise, and raw/barely-processed food consumption. Here's the report for April 1st:

Exercise
Since I couldn't wake up in time for the targeted morning workout, I instead went for 1hr 20m of "Strictly Legs" and "Body Conditioning" in the evening. It was my first time with this instructor (M), whose style I would describe as mellow - doesn't mean it wasn't a good workout, it just means things weren't done at a frantic pace, as is the case with the Tuesday evening instructor (N)!

There were one or two places where I decided I was better off sipping my water and catching my breath rather than trying to push through. My feet were unhappy with me at many places during the workout, but as usual there was no lasting effect. I'm guessing I just need to strengthen my soles - I wonder if I've gotten flatter-footed over the years?

Overall it was a good workout, and I knew my muscles would be pleasantly sore the next day. Drank a lot of water as a result of this workout.

Food
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, capsicum and cheese on a bed of lettuce. So technically it was an egg salad? Ha! It was bit of a weird combination, but I didn't want toast or bagel... and the whole wheat tortilla that the hubby used still had a list of ingredients longer than I would allow myself to consume. I cheated with the cheese, I suppose, but there's no way I'd have eggs without cheese! :) Don't remember what I drank.

Dinner: I had a mango; half an hour later an avocado; and as a late night snack an apple. I was surprised that I felt full, and that I wasn't tempted to cheat. I drank some water.

No comments: