Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

April 8th: dhal bukhara

My Resolutions for April are two-fold: weekday daily exercise, and raw/barely-processed food consumption. Here's the report for Thursday, April 8th:

Exercise:
The early morning Power Pump with K was nowhere near as good as with C on Tuesday. Yes, this is the same K who had me not enjoying Turbo Kick on Monday morning. Hmmm. Well, now I know. I'll still stick to early morning workouts until my vacation starts... once I get back, I'll probably not bother with any of K's classes. Sorry hun, but you and I just don't seem to click :(

Since my arms were still sore from Tuesday's Power Pump workout, I went ahead and used the lighter weights for today's workout. So the fact that I hardly broke into a sweat - was that from the low weights, poor exercise structure/instructor, or yes?

Later in the evening, I went back for a session of Yoga - bonus!

Food:
Post-workout snack: an apple

Breakfast*: two soft-boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, and cheating potato chips with water to drink

Pre-dinner snack: an apple, followed a while later by more cheating potato chips

Dinner: two bowls of my dhal bukhara experiment (read the full write-up at Life After Work).

Late night snack: too many wasabi almonds, lots of water.

= = =

Wow was the dhal filling! And the double exercise session was good too. Today was a good day.

* was SO tempted to cheat for breakfast, i.e. talk the hubby into a horseshoe or something, but I figured I was almost at the end of the week, and I give myself license to be bad on weekends, so why not wait? Phew! One temptation faced and overcome!! :)

No comments: