Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 5th: some cheating today, plus stuffed eggplant!

My Resolutions for April are two-fold: weekday daily exercise, and raw/barely-processed food consumption. Here's the report for April 5th:

Exercise
This morning was my first time catching the 5:45am Turbo Kick class at the Y. I didn't enjoy it. I don't know if it was the choice of music, volume of said music, or the routines the instructor (K) put us through, but within 15mins I was eyeing the clock thinking 6:30 couldn't arrive fast enough.

This was followed by 2 sets of rather frustrating racquetball. I have noticed that if I'm running on empty (and I'd not had much sleep before getting the day started) I tend to play suckily, and that gets me frustrated, and if the situation persists long enough there can be incidents involving the smashing of racquets against walls.

Yeah. So it wasn't a particularly fun exercise session for this Monday.

I drank lots of water though, at least 1L just from the exercising!


Food
Breakfast: a mango, a small sample of hubby's leftover steak burrito (it was from Chipotle, so it's not a cheat per se in my book!) and a few spoonfuls of the spicy roasted chickpeas.

Snack: major cheat.. I was starving while shopping and bought a pack of reduced fat kettle-cooked potato chips. I guess I thought kettle cooked meant baked. Wrong. But I munched on them anyway while putting away the groceries. Washed it down with half a bottle of Bolthouse Farms' Vanilla Chai Tea -- another 'cheat', kinda!

Dinner: Fixed myself stuffed eggplant, based on this recipe, sans bread crumbs; washed it down with the other half of the Vanilla Chai Tea.

Snack: a bunch of grapes, and water to sip on.

So despite having started out as a meh day, and despite the cheats, I think it was still a good day overall. ... I just need to keep on eye on my arm to make sure there are no delayed injuries from the racquetball meltdown! :p

No comments: